Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More Michigan

The vacation continues! We've been back to the beach on Monday and up to White Lake to see a lighthouse and eat some nice Mediterranean Food. The table next to us held a woman and her son - both were reading their own copy of the newest Harry Potter. I think they talked briefly about Snape and other than that continued reading. Saturday I did buy my copy, but Jason has been the one reading it. I think I'll have to save it for the trip back home, unless I break down before then and tear it away from him.

Yesterday we were back in Holland, where we visited the Dutch Village. So here's some obligatory pictures with wooden shoes:


This Flat Beatrix is for Fred:


We also went into downtown Holland, which was really delightful. Their downtown shopping area of about 4 blocks had two independent bookstores, a terrific toy store, some nice clothing shops, and a ton of restaurants including an Viennese style pastry shop and cafe and an Irish pub were someone bought someone else a football hoodie. Practice has already started.


And here's a shot of that monster grill and the Grand Marshall, who Nora is now calling Groshal.

2 comments:

TP said...

Grand Marshall travels all the way to Michigan to be transformed into Groshal? Not exactly Saul into Paul, but I suppose there are worse things to become.

And is that a Mexico hoodie on the Nora? Goal!!!!!!! Goal!!!!!!!

And, by the bye, HP makes a stop in London that Jason might appreciate.

TP said...

Ah, I see now that the Norable One is wearing Ireland's colors... my mistake :)