Monday, October 8, 2007

Eggs

Are definitely out. We had been thinking that possibly Nora was able to eat them, but this weekend proved that this is so not the case. Unfortunately this allergy doesn't disappear until age 5, if at all. Lets keep our fingers crossed. On the upside, Isa's recipes came though for me again! This time I tested her biscuits. Although, I think I could veganize my traditional biscuit recipe, I decided to go with a more sure bet. They were a little crumbly, but the taste was super yummy and despite having a less-common ingredient (non-hydrogenated shortening, aka: Spectrum) I plan on making these as my permanent biscuit recipe. Alas, alack I don't have any pictures - though that may be fore the best since this meal also resulted in the great jelly disaster of 2007 (baths all around for Nora, the chair, the carpet and almost Karl).

Sunday was also our 12 anniversary. Hard to believe that it's been that long but it has. Happy Anniversary Sweetie! I shamelessly spent the day reading the present I purchased for Jason - Box Office Poison by Alex Robinson. He got to read it yesterday too, but still... sorry I commandeered your present, Jason! Anyway, it's as great as I hoped and I recommend it to all of you. Especially if you are, live with or know a Star Wars, Star Trek, or Comic Book fan. Or if you ever worked in a bookstore. Yeah, I'm talking about you, Todd.

4 comments:

TP said...

Who? Me? What? Que?

Happy Anniversary you guys!

It can't possibly be 12 years... Well, okay, so I guess it can be.

And as to gifts... what's a gift you can't steal... I mean, it sort of shows just how special you think it is, right?

p.s. and as a special Anniversary gift, I watched the Spurs play Liverpool while I was visiting VT. Since I know that you both cherish the team so much... :)

magpie said...

Jason is watching the game right now (my aunt taped it for him) he's been trying hard to maintain a news blockout about this game. I'm not really sure why this is so hard, given the US coverage of soccer, but apparently it is. He's had a bad day and I'm not sure that watching this will make a happy ending....

Murfmensch said...

It took a minute to adjust to a literal-last-minute opponent equalizer but it was a great game and a nice result given Spurs were at Anfield.

Today at Hartford, I ordered a kid's Turkey sandwich with the turkey on the side. I ate the cheese sandwich myself. She wolfed it down and ate carrot sticks like a cartoon rabbit.

Tree said...

happy anniversary (a bit late!)...and i'm sorry to hear about N's egg allergy...Is it egg whites or the whole egg?