Monday, October 8, 2007

Owls of Autumn

It's October 8 and today it reached 90+ degrees. This is insane. I have been ready for fall for several weeks and it looks like I'm not to have it. Well possibly later this week. But anyway, Nora is all ready for crisp weather to begin. A trip to our fabulous children's used clothing store, Kangaroo Kids netted us some fun tights. Then I got too happy on hyena cart and bought her a very cute owl hoodie dress that would really only be comfortable in cooler weather, but I'm dying to put her in it. Here's some pics, but they don't really do justice to the dress since she won't stand still.

It's long enough that she'll be able to wear it next fall too, so it's not like I'm worried she'll grow out of it, but I'm just anxious to dress her up like the little elf she is:

And then there's the Halloween costume. Jason was pretty insistent that this year she go as little red riding hood, so Etsy helped me locate an appropriate cloak and Karl will be standing in as the big bad wolf. But again this isn't going to work in hot weather, so it better cool off by the end of the month.

And then there's me. What's the use of having fabulous boots if you can't wear them. Have I mentioned how sick I am of shaving my legs? How about how ready I am for some hearty chili or soup? This heat wave really needs to end so I can enjoy my favorite time of year, October.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want autumn? Come to Canada! It's 8 degrees here (about 46, so not too bad), but still...

I feel like we had one day of fall and now it's winter.