Friday, February 22, 2008

Felt Farmers Market

My crafty snow holiday continues and today I've returned to felt food, this time with a twist. My previous projects used felt from Ben Franklin, and I used some of that felt for this project as well, but I also have been experimenting with felting wool sweaters, and one of those made up the body of the carrots. I used a divorced sock for the beet. Nora's kitchen is filling up, but I wish I could figure out how to make a decent felt cupcake for her to match the real ones...

I had used the carrot sweater earlier this winter when I made this French press cozy to keep Jason's coffee warm during this icy winter. The buttons I had gotten from last year's alternative craft fair. I'm so glad I finally found a use for them. Too often I buy stuff like this and then never do anything with them.

So friends, before you toss that wool sweater that shrunk in the wash or the moths got to, please save it for me. Nora needs some eggplant, asparagus, and squash for summer and who knows what else I might decide to make.

2 comments:

Murfmensch said...

I wish readers could have seen how happy Maggie was when she came in to show me the carrot. Nora was napping and I kept it handy for her grouchy wake-up. It cheered her immediately.

And my coffee stays warm for twice as long.

Anonymous said...

The carrots are really quite convincing. I'm sorry to say that I've just freecycled a bunch of old sweaters that would have been perfect for your crafty-ness...