Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

Usually I go into the voting booth with a decision made. Today I went into the booth with a decision made. I had made up my mind to vote my heart's choice, since I knew that I would be compromising in the general. Mike Gravel was more in tune with my beliefs and where I stood on issues of immigration, terrorism, choice, third party politics, and well just about everything. And then I balked when I saw the names on the electronic screen. To have the opportunity to vote for a women on a presidential ballot was more emotional than I ever suspected. I caved. Happy Valentines Day, Hillary.

2 comments:

Murfmensch said...

I'm impressed with how emotional voting is for many people. I am swept almost every time. The couple of times I worked on campaigns, I voted quickly without any of the emotions I have now. I am thinking that these emotions come from a desire to do more than just vote once- to exert one's will upon the process.

Voting for myself was extra wierd... I actually understood the character in the movie --Election-- who felt it "wasn't right" to vote for oneself.

galaxiecarol said...

Hurray Maggie!! Good for you. See.. I know I could not pass up the one and perhaps only opportunity in my lifetime to vote and maybe even elect a woman as President. I was emotional... although for me it was when I was watching the results come in from Tennessee!