Thursday, May 3, 2007

Arrgh, where did I put that cable?

It's been forever since I posted, my apologies. I've had the best intentions, I've been carrying around the camera for several days now, and today I finally realized that while I have the camera, I have no cable. So no pictures to share unless I dig up one of the old ones.

Nora is doing well. Jason and I have been under the weather for a couple of days as has the weather itself. We seem to be getting nothing but April showers still in May. And I am mourning the loss of our local NPR affiliate's weatherman, Ben Abell. He's retired as of last week. His final broadcast was typical of Ben, just the facts, no goodbyes. He is the only weatherman to admit that the weather conditions are just too complicated to explain in the time allotted. Now we have some impersonal national weather service feed. Ben, we miss you.

3 comments:

TP said...

Did you notice that one of the Testimonials is from your former neighbor?

I, too, will miss my daily affirmation of the vagaries of weather, but I take comfort in the fact that Ben is still around. Also, likely to show up more often on campus (at least I hope), so that I can bathe in the Abell-aura.

magpie said...

My loss is your gain. If you can see if you can catch him talking about the weather on tape for me. I hope one of his forecasts made it into the national sound archives.

Yes, I did notice her e-mail. She pops up all over the place. She was a nice neighbor, but I really don't miss those hounds!

Murfmensch said...

There is a low point hanging over the city. Can't rule out a choke or two.