Monday, May 7, 2007

Waffles


We've been experimenting with the recipes at Post Punk Kitchen, thanks to Todd's recommendation. This weekend was the testing of the Lemon-Cornmeal Waffles with Blueberry Sauce. This is the 4th recipe of Isa's that we've sampled and again it's a winner. I did add a bit more oil to the batter (as well as spraying the iron heavily) since my first waffle stuck to the iron. I imagine these would make lovely pancakes as well. While I did make a blueberry sauce, I didn't follow Isa's recipe, I just winged one on my own. (frozen blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and let it boil up together). I'm sure Isa's would be delicious and probably a bit thicker/more syrupy.

A couple of weekends ago, Mom made the apple waffles for us - these were also fabulous. Neither was too sweet and would be yummy with syrup or with yogurt and fruit. Other Isa recipes we've sampled, thanks to the kitchen of Natascha and Todd, are the blondies with and without chocolate chips (wonderous) and the pumkin oatmeal cookies (also fabulous). Unfortunately, none of these were around long enough for me to take a picture. This picture is missing the blueberry sauce, since these last few were going into the freezer. Next time, I'm making a double batch....

0 comments: