Friday, November 2, 2007

Pasta Party

I took a mental health day to try to catch up from working several weekends this month and to take on a project that I've been meaning to do for awhile. Nora's kitchen should be coming any day now (I hope) so I need to get onto making that felt food to complete her birthday and Christmas present. Awhile ago I bought a pattern for an Italian dinner set from a mom on hyena cart. I probably could have winged this one on without the pattern, but in retrospect, I'm really glad I had it for my first foray into felt food! Without further ado, here's the pics:


Above is the ravioli and butter pats with a cannoli. I'm most happy with the ravioli. The canaloni is my least favorite, but that also could have something to do with me deciding I didn't want to make it quite the way she suggested. I'm also thinking of making some pancakes so that Nora can use those butter pats again. I might make some eggs, just because that seems so fun, even though Nora can't eat eggs.... Here's the fettucine with tomato sauce and meat balls.
This was so much fun, it took me about 2 hours because I decided I didn't want to hunt up a sewing machine, so I did all the raviolis by hand and nor did I have a pinking shears so that took a little while too. I got to finally use my cutting wheel and mat, so over all I'm pleased, but I'm sure the next projects will go better since I've got the hang of it all now. Next on my list is the breakfast and then I might go on to making some cookies and fruit. I think that this will work for Jason's dinner - he went to the dentist today to have several cavities filled, so maybe felt food will be soft enough. Poor guy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your felt food is amazing, Magpie! It looks good enough to eat.

Unknown said...

Maggie, your pasta is perfect. I can't wait to see more! I wish I had thought to make felt food when I was teaching Pre-K.