Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Test Kitchen Continues

I didn't get as much holiday cooking done as I had hoped this year. I didn't get any Christmas cookies made nor did I get to the Chex mix. I did make the chocolate cupcakes for Nora's birthday from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and I was most pleased with the result. But I never got around to making any of the scones in Vegan w/ a Vengance. But since I was home today with Nora (she had her two year check up today and I took the day off to be with her - she's fine but got a shot). I decided it was time to make the orange glazed scones. They worked out very tastily. I suggest for anyone attempting these, to take seriously her recommendation to use a cookie sheet and not try to squeeze them into a smaller cake pan or 9x9 brownie pan because they are big to begin with and expand some more. Despite the close quarters of the pan they still turned out well and I'm having a hard time not eating the rest of them. So another yes for Isa.


I've also been experimenting with uploading pictures to Picasa, so I'm hoping that I get it to work and there will be a slide show uploaded of several pictures from the past month, including Nora's kitchen, the now departed purple horse, some shots from Nora's b-day, Christmas, and New Years. Unfortunately, we nave no pictures of Tree and PD's visit. I'm hoping Todd will share some of his excellent shots.

3 comments:

TP said...

mmmmmm sconessssssss

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious and I totally love the embedded slideshow! Way cool!

Missing you!

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the slideshow as well.

PINK PONIES!

TP