Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bento Box



I got a bento box! So now you get to see one of my lunches. Jason got one too, but his is plain green (he didn't get a matching bag and chopsticks - poor Jason).

I didn't have time to take pictures of his, but what we're having for lunch is: veggie sushi leftovers (these are spinach, carrot and avocado), a rice ball molded into a shape (mine is a star, Jason got a mouse shape) with additional avocado pieces, some pickled ginger and wasabi, and I got grapes and Jason got a fruit bar.

Jason also got a little sauce container of soy sauce, but I had some at work so I didn't bother with mine. If I had been more together on this, I would have molded the avocado into the rice so that it wouldn't brown so much. I love my new bento set! Unfortunately, I can't get a good shot of the top, but on the top of the container and on the chop stick container is the following saying - "Happy fruits is very delicious. I will eat this and will become fortunate all together!" This is the "putifresh" line and the manufacturer is "Lube Sheep" which Jason thinks is hysterical. Okay, I do too. Anyway, they come in cherries, pears and oranges and I got them here. The cupcake cups are from Target's dollar spot this week - they have sets of 10 silicone cupcake liners for $1 - I got one in each color - red, blue and yellow. They are great for lunchboxes. And thanks to Suzy-Q who wrote me to let me know that juice boxes are freezable and that she likes my lunches.

Nora is eating at my parents today, but yesterday's lunch was leftover veggie dumplings, a rice mold (she got a heart) with avocado, some fruit gellies and some bunny grahms. I've got a picture somewhere of hers that I'll try to add later.

****UPDATE***
Here's Nora's lunch:





0 comments: