Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lunches

Here are Nora's lunches from Friday and today. Friday's was veggie soup that my mom had made with mini corn muffins (with Jam and soybutter), a soy dream box, and mandarin oranges. Unfortuantely, Nora slept through lunch so she didn't get to eat this, the only upside being that I forgot her little notes, so she didn't know that. I just got back the empty containers, so I'm really hoping that they didn't toss the oranges and soy dream since they are in fine until opened & don't need to be refigerated.

Here's today's, it was unexciting and I was in a hurry, so here it is packed: A salami and cream cheese sandwich cut into little squares, apples tossed on oj to keep from browning, and two pumpkin mini muffins which Nora helped me make Saturday night along with a juice box and ice pack. Does anyone know if I can freeze the juice box? It would be so much easier than sending an ice pack every day, but I'm worried about them exploding in the freezer. I guess I could give it a try, but I'd rather not clean up the mess if there is going to be one.

3 comments:

TP said...

So dumpster diving at a Pre-School is probably gauche isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I've heard tell of freezing the juice box but have not tried it. These are banned at our school because they don't pour into a real glass very well.

magpie said...

Real glasses are one of the many pluses of the Montessori experience. Do they put lunches from home in the fridge or do you have to send an ice pack?

Give me some props for including real napkins! I think Maria Montessori would at least approve of that!