Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Look For Me On TV

I just got interviewed by the Weather Channel while walking back from lunch. I was with Laura and she shoved me in font of the camera when the reporter asked to speak to us. They wanted to know what I thought of St. Louis weather. Yeah, I said it was hot. Fascinating television, I know. They seemed to think it was more of a story than I did. I guess standing on the street in 100+ degree temperature, lugging a 25lb camera for hours while trying to talk to folks as they scurry from building to building might make you think it is indeed hotter than usual, but to me this is just St. Louis in the summer.

Now I'm really glad I bothered to put on makeup today... if only I wasn't wearing a maternity shirt from two years ago and sporting a giant zit on my chin. Advice to you all - look smart, you never know where the Weather Channel might be lurking. You'd thinking watching all of those ambush makeover shows would have made me more conscious of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, bummer! I don't think we get the US version of the Weather Channel here. You must record it and save it for all of time, eternity.

Murfmensch said...

We missed it as well.

I was impressed by Canada's Weather Channel because, while giving typical temperature and rain info in a ticker, they interviewed an architect about his design responses to global warming.

Our channel just sticks guys in LL Bean jackets inside of hurricanes.

Maggie should have said "I'll tell you one thing, its too hot to wear an effing LL Bean jacket!"