Monday, August 27, 2007

Recipe experimentation continues....

I've had this soy creamer in the fridge for a bit and last weekend I bought some chickpea flour, so the time had come for Isa's "Fronch" Toast. I'd be procrastinating on this one for awhile, since it had two unknown elements for me (the afore mentioned ingredients) and after the sun butter fiasco, I was feeling wary. However, once again I realized that I must trust in Isa because she's the bomb. Especially of breakfast. Although it turned out to be dinner for us. It was made even more delish by the addition of the very non-vegan Nancy's Yogurt for Jason and I. Nora had hers with honey and if her sticky hands, mouth, tray, and well, every inch of her body was any indication, it was a success. Karl got a couple of bites but not many. This could hardly be called "healthy" by the time we added all the maple syrup, but it was definitely more "light" than standard French toast and just as yummy. Unfortunately, it was eaten before I remembered to take photos. Plus, I didn't take as much a bother of presentation.

In other cooking adventures, tomatofest continues at our house with some fabulous little yellow cherry tomatoes from Local Harvest (where you can also find Nancy's yogurt) that have found there way into bacon, spinach and tomato pita sandwiches, a feta, eggplant, olive, sunflower sprout and tomato pasta salad with a side of falafel.

2 comments:

TP said...

Darn it, the Fronch toast recipe isn't covered on the site... :( I've been meaning to buy the book anyway...

galaxiecarol said...

That looks amazing, Maggie.