Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gardening...Or Not.

Jason dumps his coffee grinds on the rose bushes. My mother did recommend this, and it does appear to make the roses happy – or at least the roses are growing and whether this is due to Jason’s coffee or other reasons is unclear. However, Jason has declared this an ACT OF GARDENING. I argue that it is merely recycling coffee grounds and possibly in a stretch composting (no, not really) but hardly gardening. I mean, he doesn’t even leave the porch! He just leans out the door and pours. So readers, what do you think? Is Jason gardening? Please share your opinion and settle this issue for us.

3 comments:

TP said...

N seems to think that it isn't gardening if he's not also watering and perhaps weeding.

Me? If you ain't killin' it, you're gardening. I have a very low threshold for giving credit, given my history with the yard.

Murfmensch said...

No, I am not gardening. I am only committing this helpful act of gardening. --jbm

Headley said...

Seems like a classic case of "Wake up and smell the roses"