Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cake Update

Well, I didn't take any of your suggestions. That's not exactly true, I did make Jason and Nora a banana creme pie, but that doesn't really count since it was a pre-made crust (Mom told me pre-made crusts don't count) and instant pudding (I don't think instant pudding counts either) so the only cooking I really did was to add soymilk, cut bananas, pour into crust and stick it in the freezer. Nope, definitely not cooking. The penuche icing requires powdered soy milk so that's on hold until I find a source. So, I took another path and decided to deal with my surplus of coconut milk, so Jason and Nora (and Todd and Natascha) got the fabulous coconut lemon bundt cake from Vegenomicon. I loved it even if some of it stuck to the pan. Now, I think I'd better hold off on desserts for awhile!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coconut Cake was Cool! Isa knows her baking.

Powdered Soy Milk sounds like a bear to find.

-tp