Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Menus

I've been cooking a lot this summer, partially to keep us from eating out so much and also because summer produce has been great and mostly because I tend to stockpile food, and I really need to turn over inventory. Last week I made sushi which I hadn't made in forever, but I don't know why because it's really easy and so delicious! Even Nora ate some. These were mostly carrot and avocado with soy cream cheese in a few.




Here's that lemon cake I made for Mom's church picnic:


And my favorite menu of the summer, sounds so perfectly summery, but actually was made entirely from inventory (it would have been great if I had gotten it all at the farmers market): tomatoes and okra, three bean salad, and fried potatoes -Nora and I had sausage too.

1 comments:

galaxiecarol said...

Maggie, I am always so amazed at your cooking. And jealous. I will have to make sure my mom checks this out. Not that anyone in my family would ever touch sushi, but well.. the photos might encourage them.