Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nora and the Doggies

I'm feeling a little guilty because I've just now turned on the most favorite video ever of my dear daughter. The one she calls "Doggies!". It is actually 101 Dalmatians, the animated version. And it is fabulous. And Nora loves it and will be transfixed by it from the opening credits to the end credits. This was not really a movie of my childhood (my childhood favorite was Robin Hood, so we both prefer animals to princesses), but as an adult, I have to admit that I also love it. I still get teared up when Perdi and Pongo lead the 99 puppies across the wintry English countryside, and we've watched it dozens of times now.

Earlier tonight I made a giant meal of two curries (one cauliflower/green bean & peas and the other chick pea and tomato), tofu tikki masala, samosas, and rice. We also had a smoothie that my Aunt Carol gave me the idea for by suggesting that watermelon and lime juice go great together. It does, but I added too much lime juice, so I ended up adding some shredded coconut and pineapple and it really was delicious. Nora really liked it and I used up all of the extra watermelon that really needed to be eaten. Watermelon is one of those things that I always buy with the greatest intentions of eating, but then half of it sort of languishes in the fridge.

We don't really have big plans for this weekend, but we might check out the Let Them Eat Art Festival in Maplewood, since the STL Craft Mafia will be there. Next weekend Nora and I are off with Laura to visit Southern Illinois and get peaches, which I am assured are in and it is supposed to be one of the best seasons in a long while. Then we'll see what we make with those. So send me your peach ideas (you can vote in the poll or leave me your idea in the comments).

0 comments: